Education and Certifications
- UCLA School of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2005
- State of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Business and Entertainment Litigation Trial Successes:
- Obtained $17 million unanimous jury verdict on claim for misappropriation of trade secrets on behalf of global technology company against former employees;
- Secured multimillion-dollar fraud verdict on behalf of former executive arising from $43 million sale of medical business;
- After seven-week jury trial, obtained complete defense verdict and multimillion-dollar verdict on counterclaim (including an award of punitive damages and attorneys’ fees) on behalf of publicly-traded global engineering firm arising from company’s $30 million purchase of business;
- Successfully defended one of nation’s largest homebuilder’s in two-week arbitration on fraud claim;
- Obtained seven-figure arbitration award in commission dispute on behalf of longtime manager of acclaimed entertainment figure;
- Secured a complete defense verdict at arbitration for international film production company on a multimillion-dollar breach of contract claim; and
- Member of trial team that obtained a jury verdict on behalf of a defendant in a conversion action regarding ownership of an Andy Warhol painting.
Daniel is a fixer. He helps high-net-worth individuals and mid-tier businesses extricate themselves from crises when their financial lives are on the line, and he ensures that his clients safeguard their business and personal assets moving forward. Daniel’s clients put their trust in him to find innovative and efficient solutions to their most pressing obstacles so that they can increase their profitability and sleep better at night.
Daniel serves as outside general counsel for numerous corporate clients across various industries, including real estate, entertainment and media, construction, and food and beverage. Daniel provides companies with day-to-day counseling on a broad range of transactional and governance matters and dedicates much of his practice to helping his clients avoid litigation. Daniel has also overseen and engineered more than $100 million in corporate transactions, including acquisitions, asset sales, stock redemptions, and corporate buyouts.
When litigation is an inevitability, Daniel is at his best. Daniel is an experienced litigator who has tried numerous cases in both state and federal court, as well as before various arbitration tribunals. Daniel represents a diverse range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to private equity firms, in a wide range of disputes. Daniel specializes in matters involving business divorces, intellectual property, labor and employment, trusts and estates, real estate, accounting and auditing malpractice, right of publicity, and licensing disputes.